- I have OCD. I joke about it now but when I was younger it was so bad that I couldn't sleep, eat, or interact *normally* with people. Luckily for my peers though, it gave them plenty of material to work with for their taunting! Now, I barely notice my OCD!
- I think I joke around so much about myself because if I make the jokes, other people can't...think of it as a preemptive strike!
- I still sleep with my childhood blanket aka Wooby...but it's for "medicinal purposes." I get really bad migraines and when I get them I become really ridiculously sensitive to smells and my blanket smells neutral...like me so when I get one I crawl into bed in the fetal position and put my blanket over my face to block out all the smells.
- I broke my pinkie sleepwalking on my 8th grade trip to the mountains in Georgia...to make matters worse, I apparently went to everyone's cabin and asked them to take me to the bathroom. I then proceeded to fall down a flight of stairs (or something) down the side of the mountain which our "cabins" were built into and woke up crying in the bathroom! Fabulous!
- *Gulp* Despite my own religious beliefs, I sometimes think that the world would be a better place if there was no religion...STAY WITH ME HERE: religion and faith is something that people often are the most passionate about (and I'm not saying that's a bad thing) but so often, religion and faith is also the absence of logic...religion explains the unexplainable and that can be a problem; when someone is so fervent about their beliefs (that usually defy logic) that they're willing to base their life around it and even willing to die for it...well that can be problematic. I think religion is, and has been, most definitely a component in a lot of conflicts between people and groups throughout time. It's the whole ingroup-outgroup thing and when people believe THAT strongly in something that isn't necessarily rational...well it can be a mess. (Note: I also think religion can be a wonderful thing that brings people happiness and brings people together peacefully)
- I can't stand the song Born This Way by Lady Gaga! Don't hate me! Everytime it comes on the radio I scream "NOOOOOOOOoooo" and then immediately turn the station! Don't get me wrong, I like the message of the song but yikes it's just ugh! It reminds me of something you'd hear during the end credits of some made-for-TV Disney movie. Also, I feel like Lady Gaga is kinda exploiting her audience. It's no secret that a lot of her audience is made up of gay men and now she has a song called Born This Way...not so subtle
- Very few people know this but, my third grade teacher (who hated me with a passion) wrote in a report that she thought I was a sociopath. When I first read the report I was so hurt but now, it almost makes me laugh! I mean, if you know anything about me or are close to me then you know I feel things really deeply and that I empathize almost too much! (I also have issues with extreme guilt) When I was about 5 I hung up pictures of starving African children on my wall and went on a hunger strike because I thought me not eating would mean they'd get food. I used to "save" leaves that I saw blowing around in the wind because I felt bad that they were alone and cold so I'd shove them in my backpack and bring them home with me (it drove my mom crazy because at the end of the week when she'd empty my backpack it would be full of crushed leaves). Don't I sound like a sociopath?!
Sigh, but that's all! I hope you don't all hate me now! I'd love to hear your comments!