- The sleepiest animal on the planet is the koala! Followed closely by the sloth, cats, and ME!
- 1 in 6 fatal car accidents are the result of one of the driver's fatigue
- The effect of being awake for 17 hours straight in terms of performance is equivalent to having a BAC of 0.05!
- During the teenage years, the biological sleep pattern shifts toward later times in both going to bed and waking up; it is natural for a teen not to be able to fall asleep until around 11pm or later.
- According to researchers at the University of Pennsylvania, "violent dreamers are 50% more likely to develop a neurological illness [such as Parkinson's Disease or dementia] later in life.
So there ya go!