Thursday, December 30, 2010

I'm an Oxymoron

I have come to the realization that I am an oxymoron; a complete contradiction. It seems as if every aspect of me, from my religious beliefs, to my personality and political leanings, contradicts each other.
It's hard to explain but I'll try anyways:

I'm highly logical and am always thinking about something but I'm far from detached...at times I feel too deeply and I tend to empathize and sympathize with people far too much.

I'm talkative but introverted. I may seem outgoing, but being social is difficult for me and I'm never truly myself with others.

I love to help others and make people happy but I'm completely sarcastic, sometimes caustically so.

I am both an eternal optimist and a skeptic cynic; I'm an idealist but a realist.

I'm an anti-conformist, but secretly I yearn to belong.

I was raised Catholic and a huge part of me is Catholic, but at the same time, the logical part of me is constantly questioning faith and the logic of it all.

I'm pro-life but pro-gay marriage; apparently that's a contradiction but I'm not sure how.

I'm down-to-earth, feet firmly planted, but my mind tends to be in the clouds at times.  I'm a thinker but highly imaginative as well.

To make a long story short, I confuse myself. It's as if every single facet of me has a yin to its yang. Maybe that's a good thing; I don't know , but I don't think I'll be changing any time soon; be that for the better or the worse, I'm not sure.

Keep Reading,
RRR

No comments:

Post a Comment