Friday, May 30, 2014

It's Been A Long Time...

Wow!
It's been a LOOOOOONG time since I've blogged. So much has changed since I've blogged last. I'm still in college, I'm still chronically ill, and I'm still writing, though now it's mostly on Twitter.
The biggest piece of news (other than the fact that I no longer have an appendix and I kinda have a dog now...and an awesome BFF Shelby-Lynn) is that I'm now (for the second time) the president of my university's LGBTQA Coalition and have been elected senator for Undergraduate Student Government. I have always been passionate about social justice and LGBTQIA rights, but after my diagnosis of Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome, I've become even more involved. As I was laying in my bed that year out of school, in constant pain and struggling to find a reason to not give up, I discovered activism and now I'm hooked. Everyone deserves rights. Everyone deserves respect and dignity and equal opportunities...and I'm working to make that a reality! So...stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment